Tuesday 5 August 2008

Going to the vet....

Today we went to the veterinarian to get Phoebe's booster vaccine shot. She (the vet) was very nice - we chatted for a good bit about drug development (which I do) and her interests in behavioural science (which I also share from my PhD days as a neuropharmacologist)...
Whilst Phoebe was distracted by some goodies that was thrown on the floor the vaccine shot was given - she didn't even blink, just kept on happily eating!
The vet commented that Phoebe seemed to be in perfect health....gooooood girl :-)

I got to put her on the electronic scales - turns out my guesstimate was quite off!
She now weighs 6.7 kgs - up from 4.1kg when we picked her up in Sweden...!
It will be interesting to see at what weight she finally ends up - Siberian Husky bitches typically end up at 16-22kgs as adults. No matter what - her "power-to-weight" ratio will be excellent, I am sure!

No comments: